For those of us who don’t work a winter sport like football or basketball, the time is now to put down the remote, get off of the couch and get into game shape. The season is just around the corner.
While I am not the most fit, and not many of us are, I do know quite a few tricks to get OUT of exercising. So that makes me the perfect person to lay out some accountability on all of us. Let’s get started!
Here are seven tips to getting ready for that first pitch by getting our bodies back into game shape from the long winter.
A lot of umpires have, um… “softer” frames. This is a way to working on that early and being proactive with your season so your mechanics are crisper, your calls are more accurate and you get into less trouble!
Here are seven tips to getting back into game shape along with notes from the episode:
- Right now. Get moving. Get to a gym. Take the dog for a walk. Put down the Pringles. Whatever you’re doing right now, the best way to begin is simply to start.
Start with a plan
Start with a friend
Start Mixing It Up
Start Something New
- Once you get into it for a few weeks – try something new.
- As for help! Check with the folks at the gym. They’re there to help you!
- Consider getting an hour of personal training time
- Take a class. Yoga isn’t just for ladies!!
Start With A Salad
- Journal your food
- Plan out your meals
- Great book called Eat This, Not That
- STAY POSITIVE!!
Good luck with your efforts to get into shape! Sound off in the comments below. What has worked for you?